Last look at Dashing

The pair of Dashing fingerless gloves that I finished recently is washed, blocked, and ready to send off to Massachusetts.

cabled fingerless gloves

I think that I blocked these a little too large. I’ll have to write up some directions for the recipient so that she can “smallify” them if she needs to.

Dashing fingerless mitts

I took the opportunity to experiment with my idea for a “top” gusset to add some flex and reduce strain in the web of the thumb. Here’s a closeup of the gusset. Sorry for the less-than-ideal lighting. I need to practice getting better closeups of knitted fabric.

Top gusset on thumb area

Instead of casting on a single stitch across the gap (after moving thumb stitches to waste yarn) I cast on 4 or 5 stitches, then gradually decreased them as I worked up the thumb and palm.