Some snaps of the 1st Broad Street convertible mitten

I finally got some photos uploaded of the first of the pair. I’m about half way up the palm on the second mitten, about to get to the fingers.

Looking at these, I realize that I need to get photos of someone wearing them.

I used Jeny Staiman’s Interlock Bindoff (from the Spring/Summer 2011 issue of Knitty) for several of these fingers… and I love it. Which is not the same as saying that I’ve memorized it.

Finger detail
Finger detail
Back of the convertible mitten
Back of the convertible mitten

I’m particularly pleased with the job I did in picking up stitches across the back of the hand (where I joined the pop-cap portion of the mitten). I haven’t previously done a particularly crafty job of such tasks. I stretched the fabric out across my left hand, and working in strong morning light during my 30-minute train ride to work, I was able to pick up one side of each stitch across the back, using a steel US #0 DPN.

Palm of the convertible mitten
Palm of the convertible mitten

Broad Street Mittens – Progress

I actually hemmed and sewed-in all of the ends on that convertible mitten I’ve had OTN since May 30. Hoping to cast on for the second of the pair tonight, but for dentist-waiting-room knitting, I dug out that silk/wool scarf I was working on all spring. Nice to see it and not dread working on it. Putting a project aside for a while isn’t always a bad thing. Photos to follow.