I finally decided to just follow a slightly-modified 1st Class program from the book. I set out the first six weeks in a document so that I wouldn’t have to cart the book around with me so much. I spilled coffee on it last week, which didn’t help its appearance any.
I’m still narrowing down my goals (I know, that’s pretty bad a full week into a 10-week program) but at the moment they are:
- Weight: get to 178 (four pounds from here)
- Strength and endurance: I want to be able to do 50 push-ups in a single set, 10 pull-ups in a single set, a 3-minute handstand hold (supported with my feet against the wall), and I want to get to my 10-minute plank goal.
- Speed: I want to move my 5.5km course speed from 39 minutes to 36 minutes (this would be about an 8% improvement. Probably too ambitious, but what the heck, right?)
- Plyometrics: I want to learn the Depth Jump and be able to do a 10-rep set off of a 12″ platform
- Flexibility: I’d like to be able to put my palms flat on the floor