My first washcloth. I decided to do something with a lace pattern to give me more practice with increases, yarn-overs, and et cetra. I was pleased with how it came out. Made for Myr with (naturally) orange cotton yarn.
A week or so after the lace class trip we hosted the Golden Bobbins Lace Guild at our domicile. The talented Michele C. taught us the basics of toe-up socks using fairly large needles and fairly heavy yarn. I was pleased to have another chance to learn Judy’s Magic Cast-on and Michele showed us the short-row heel. Now I just have to try this on an actual, wearable sock! Here are a couple of snapshots.
I doubt that there are any new stitches to invent, particularly one so simple as this, but I can honestly say I came up with it on my own. I started with the idea of a knit one, purl one rib with the pattern staggering sideways every second row. It certainly didn’t come out the way I visualized it, but I decided that I liked it enough to finish the washcloth.